Services, port operators
There are five specialised port operators at the Port of Kaskinen. The seamless co-operation and efficiency of the operators are one of the cornerstones in the Port operations. The loading and unloading of goods, moving between different modes of transportation, and warehousing are handled by professional personnel.
BB Logistics Oy is specialised in the handling, transporting and warehousing of bulk goods, general cargo and bagged goods. Stevedoring and ship clearance are also part of the company operations. The terminal in Kaskinen is the largest terminal of BB Logistics Oy, and it offers solutions for a diverse range of warehousing needs, accompanied with customised handling of goods in accordance with the customer’s specifications.
Baltic Tank Ltd is the largest independent terminal operator providing warehousing services for diverse liquid products (including biofuels and hazardous chemicals) in Finland. The terminal in Kaskinen is the company’s newest terminal, which is used to store, for example, lye and hydrogen peroxide. The current storage capacity is approximately 32,000m³. The terminal in Kaskinen offers great possibilities for expansion. The facility has ISO 9001 and 14001 certified quality and environment systems in place.
Revisol Ltd is involved in warehousing, wood transport, biofuels, scrap metal handling and port operator services at the Port of Kaskinen.
Oy Silva Shipping Ab offers forwarding, ship clearance and stevedoring services at the Port of Kaskinen.
- Handling of truck and train cargo
- Deliveries at shipside
- Documentation for shipping batches and contacts with consignors
- Ship clearance
- Storage as shipping batches in fully weather-proof storage facilities
- Operating as local agents for the ship and the shipping company
- All the necessary services of authorities and suppliers for ships
- Smooth and efficient visits to the Port
- Stevedoring with hydraulic quay cranes
- Stevedoring output of one shift with two cranes is e.g. 5,000–5,500m³ of sawn products or 4,000–4,500 tonnes of pulp
- The company has approximately 38,000 m² of covered warehouse facilities in the port area
- 500 metres of berth capacity for stevedoring
- 20 different machine units for loading and transferring cargo
Cewal Grains Ltd exports Finnish grain to Europe through the Port of Kaskinen. The company acquires grain – oats in particular – directly from farmers and sells it for export.